Still haven’t found your dream job? Join team Huuuge!!
Huuuge Games is a gaming company on a mission to build the world’s largest real-time casual gaming platform connecting millions of players so that they can have fun, socialize & play awesome games.
Join Team Huuuge and become a part of an exciting adventure bringing pure fun & truly social experience to millions of players across the universe.
Director of Data Engineering
We are seeking to significantly expand our team! We are looking to hire Director of Data Engineering at HUUUGE GAMES. You will lead the development of the company’s central data platform, lead architecture and technology decisions, construct, lead and mentor the Data Engineering team to operational excellence and have awesome compensation and perks in return. Do you like what you are reading? If yes, then WE have a job for you.
- Deliver state of the art big data and BI platform, tools and services that are recognized as best in the gaming industry,
- Lead the development of core modules in our big data platform services and data-oriented applications and tools (resides on hundreds of servers; processes billions of records a day, hosted in AWS; uses Spark Core/Streaming/SQL, Scala, Java, Python, Snowflake, Databricks, Presto, AngularJS, Kafka, Kubernetes, Tableau),
- Manage, lead and mentor several development teams (data infrastructure, Data development and BI teams),
- Software production process optimization,
- Involvement in technically mentoring your team members, defining and maintaining high development standards,
- Contribute to high-standards development processes (unit testing and CI/CD oriented), and high standards deployment to production and production monitoring,
- Impact on architecture and technology decisions – architecture concept and technical roadmap,
- Proficiently communicate, manage and understand stakeholders’ needs (global management, all gaming studios, business analysts, marketing, data scientists),
- Support and contribute for efficient and professional Scrum process.
- 3+ years of experience in development/engineering director and/or development department leading positions (managing team leaders, managing at least 30 engineers),
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering leading – in design and development of big data and BI platforms,
- Experience in building and leading large development teams,
- Experience in people development (engineers, team leads and managers), motivation and evaluation,
- Experience in software production process optimization,
- Ability to communicate by language of business-value and ROI, understandable by business, product and technology,
- Experience leading and approving high-level architecture, technical roadmap, high level and detailed technical designs,
- Experience in design and development of large scale distributed systems and distributed programming,
- Solid past experience as a hands-on developer, can challenge developers and team leaders in technology design and best practices,
- Experienced with building scalable stream-processing and/or ETL batch processing – using solutions such as Spark/Spark Streaming,
- Strong SQL skills and experience with NoSQL databases (such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB and Presto) and relational databases (such as MySQL and SQL Server),
- Experience working in Java/Scala/Python or another high-level programming language,
- Experience working with Tableau or alternative BI tools like Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, Tibco,
- Experience working with Linux OS systems and Bash scripting languages,
- Experience working with cloud service (AWS, GCP, Azure),
- experience with Agile/Scrum methodology,
- Fluent in English,
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant engineering field (e.g. computer science, mathematics).
- Experience in working with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.),
- Experience in working with Docker/Kubernetes Engine,
- Experience in working with testing and test automation methodologies.
If there are currently no positions you might be interested in just drop us an e-mail: