14.1. We treat all our users the same. This section, however, specifically provides additional information on how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information of our players who are individual residents of the United States of America.
14.2. Terms in this section mean the same as they are defined elsewhere in this policy. We refer below to You and it includes our players as well as people who access our Websites or other Services.
Collecting Personal Information
14.3. Our Services may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”) as specified below.
14.4. Personal information does not include publicly available information, or deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
14.5. We DO NOT (i) sell Your personal information; (ii) knowingly collect, sell or share personal information of users under 13 years of age; (iii) collect, sell, disclose or share sensitive personal information. By sensitive personal information we mean data on race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, genetic data, biometric data, health data, sexual orientation, philosophical beliefs and the contents of a consumer’s mail, email, text messages that are not directed to us, and personal data from a known child under 13 years of age.
Categories of Personal Information
14.6. We may have collected the following categories of information about You:
- Identifiers, for example: real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online or advertising identifier (ex. device numbers, ADFA, GAAID etc.), IP address, device or WiFi location,
- Customer records, for example: mailing address, telephone number, Information defined in Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e), for example from the statute: name, address, telephone number,
- Protected classifications, for example in the statute: age, gender,
- Commercial or Transaction information, for example, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies,
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, for example browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Website, application, or advertisement,
- Geolocation data, for example IP address.
14.7. Our Service obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- directly from You, for example, from forms You complete or products and services You purchase,
- indirectly from You, for example, from logging Your actions in the game or You’re Your device,
- third parties, for example our payment provider or social media.
14.8. We use the Personal Information collected above for the following business purposes:
- providing Services to Users connected with the Services, including improvements and support,
- complying with the laws (tax and accounting obligations with respect to the Services),
- protecting the safety and security of our Services,
- protecting Huuuge rights and property in connection with the Services, to enforce the terms of the Services,
- preventing fraud or potentially illegal activities,
- managing and delivering marketing activities and some advertising activities,
- research & development of the Services (including game and feature development, improvement, optimization and refinement).
Disclosure of Personal Information
14.9. We may share Your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract.
14.10. We may have shared personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of recipients:
- entities within Huuuge Group,
- specific professional services providers such as cloud-based software providers, storage providers, security providers, legal advisors,
- payment processors/payments services providers,
- advertising and marketing partners,
- as required by law.
14.11. We do not sell personal information of U.S. players to third parties, regardless of the player’s age.
Your Rights and choices
14.12. You as a U.S. resident, just as all other users of our Services, have certain rights regarding Your personal information. Details about Your rights and how to perform them are set forth in Section 6 of this policy. Additionally, as a U.S. resident You may have the following rights. Please note that these rights might be subject to certain limitations.
14.13. Your Right to Opt-out of “Sale”/ “Sharing” of Your personal information. We do not currently consider the ways we shared users’ personal information in the past 12 months to comprise the “sale” of personal information.
14.14. Right to Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not collect sensitive personal information nor do We use sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about an individual, therefore We do not offer a path to exercise this right.
14.15. Right to opt out of the processing of Your personal information for the purposes of targeted advertising and for profiling in furtherance of decisions, including, solely automated decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
14.16. Right to appeal any decision or indecision related to the exercise of any right granted to You under the applicable law. Instructions for how to submit Your appeal will be included in our response explaining why We denied Your request.
14.17. Right to access. You have the right to confirm whether we are processing Your personal information and access such personal information.
14.18. Right to not be Discriminated: The right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. Of course, if You do exercise any of Your rights, We will not treat You any differently.
14.19. Shine the light requests. Customers who are residents of California may request:
- a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and
- a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information.
14.22. We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receipt. If We require more time (up to another 45 days), We will timely inform You of the reason(s) and extension period in writing. If You have an account with us, We will deliver our written response to that account. If You do not have an account with us, We will deliver our written response electronically. Any disclosures We provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of Your request. For data portability requests, We will select a format to provide Your personal information that is readily useable and should allow You to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
14.23. Your browser settings may allow You to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services You visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.